Monday, April 14, 2008

NYC Weekend

Hi Clean Eaters one and all. I just arrived home from a whirlwind weekend trip to NYC with my daughter, Kelsey-Lynn. She is my little ballerina, and by that I mean a dedicated 16-year-old who lives away from home to study ballet. She is a student at the Quinte Ballet School of Canada. I am one proud mama! She had a workshop and audition this weekend for the Joffrey Ballet School Summer Intensive. It was a thrill to take her there and watch her strut her stuff. I'll let you know whether or not she was accepted in a week or so. 


When she wasn't dancing we did some great sight seeing. We took a lovely walk around Greenwich Village where I had my treat of the week at Magnolia Bakery. They have the best cupcakes!!! We also had a delicious dinner at my favorite restaurant, Pastis, in the Meatpacking District. The following night was dinner at Budda Kan, which  is featured in the upcoming Sex and the City movie. Yummy!

We also visited the original Union Square location of Barnes and Nobles. I was so excited to see my book there. I have to admit I am that author who goes into the bookstore and checks to see if her book is there! Oh well.

Anyway, it was a beautiful weekend with 74 degree Fahrenheit weather. We walked around everywhere and I wish I had sneakers on instead of my silly heels. I'll remember that next time I'm there! 

Have a great day!


1 comment:

cristine said...

Great post. very interesting to many readers. I really appreciate this post.