Monday, June 30, 2008

Eating Clean on Canada Day

Hi Everyone! Here in Canada we are gearing up for July 1st which is Canada Day - a statutory holiday which celebrates Canada's birthday. There are festitivities in our nation's capital, Ottawa which are highlighted by an enourmous fireworks show. Little towns in every province do the same. This celebration is also hallmarked by feasting. I too am having guests for our big day. What to serve? I am helped along by the produce I am harvesting from my garden. I am certain to serve a big salad with the greens from my arugula and lettuce plants. There are young chives, basil and very small ripe tomatoes as well. There are a few young zucchini which are excellent grilled. Along with these I will prepare a savory quinoa and wheat berry salad. This will be accompanied with marinaded salmon skewers and chicken teriyaki skewers. There is fresh corn from the farmer's market just around the corner too. I plan to grill apricots for dessert. In spite of the time required to prepare the food there will still be plenty of time to train and visit with my guests. Hopefully we can have a quick dip in the pool too - fingers crossed! The weather has been very un-summer like for us.

Whatever you plan on, enjoy your day and every minute in it.
Your sister in strength,
Tosca

PS. I had best remember to call my brother to wish him a happy birthday too!
TR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want to increase your know-how simply keep visiting this web page and
be updated with the newest gossip posted here.

Feel free to surf to my page ... diets that work fast