Monday, October 6, 2008

Books, butts and Belleville


Hello All!
This picture to the left is a shot of a wonderful fan named Marisa who came to watch me compete a few weeks ago. Shout out to Marisa who is a strong, courageous woman battling her own health issues and coming out strong with training. You rock girl!


It is Monday evening and time to add some details to my blog. I have not forgotten you! Yesterday I drove to Belleville to visit my dancing daughter, Kelsey-Lynn. She and I went to get pumpkins and decorated the front steps of her billet home with them. Things are looking and feeling a lot like fall these days.


Since I was in the car for much of the day it was necessary for me to pack a cooler. So I will tell you how the eating went.


Breakfast on Sunday:

1 cup cooked oatmeal, 2 tablespoons flaxseed, 2 tablespoons bee pollen, 2 tablespoons Salba

250 ml warm water with lemon juice

250 ml water with 6 ounces wheat grass

1 cup black coffee

5 egg white frittata with tomato, basil and onion


Mid Morning:

another piece of frittata from breakfast

250 ml water

hot tea


Lunch: which was packed in the cooler

1 piece tilapia

10 slices cucumber

1 cup steamed broccoli

250 ml water


Mid Afternoon: consumed in the car

1 apple

handful unsalted almonds


Dinner: which I ate with Kelsey

salmon

steamed carrots

3 baby potatoes

250 ml water with lemon


evening: driving home from Belleville

1 apple

handful unsalted nuts


Training: I trained back and chest and did 45 minutes of treadmill work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY I am in Belleville :-)

Anonymous said...

Keep on keeping on, Marisa.
I have a buddy who has fibro, and just diagnosed with Hashimoto's (her immune system is attacking her thyroid). She works out regularly, takes a couple Kung Fu classes, and goes hiking/backpacking (with me).

Anonymous said...

Cherly,
Thank you for the shout out and encouragement. I just only saw your comment today, quite overwhelming to say the least. Your buddy is luck to have such an understanding friend and vice versa. Let your buddy know never to give up even on the worst of days...believe me I can empathize. Things happen for a reason...and at times it takes a while to come to understand what that may be. The day I met Tosca, I knew anything was possible. It's all about inspiring one another, just as you have with your comment to me. Encourage your buddy, support her - it's important to her. Perhaps we can all one day cross paths....stay focused and keep up the training.