Friday, June 12, 2009

Great Question

A fellow Clean Eater has asked a great question about the recipes in The Eat-Clean Diet for Men. My answer applies to all of the books in the Eat-Clean Diet series:

I recently bought your new book, and my boyfriend and I are chomping at the bit to try the recipes.

This may seem like a stupid question, but - is it okay for women who are trying to eat clean and lose weight to eat the meals in that book? Some of them look pretty calorie-laden, which is okay for my boyfriend, who loses 10 pounds every time he scratches his stomach, but I don't want to undo all my hard work (I've lost 20 pounds since January).

The dishes sure look great...and anything I can do to wean my boyfriend off the usual meat and potatoes is really appealing, but not if it means having to cook 2 meals to maintain my own progress.

Thanks!

While the Eat-Clean Diet for Men is geared towards male health issues more than female, the foods included in the book are absolutely beneficial for both sexes. The recipes include ingredients beneficial to men and women. Go ahead and enjoy the recipes from the book, but pare down the portion sizes to fit your body. Remember the portion size guidelines from the original Eat-Clean Diet? Go back and check out that section of the book to refresh your memory of you don't. This is much easier and much more accurate than calorie counting. Also, remember to stick to the guidelines of lean protein and complex carbs from veggies, fruits, and whole grains at each meal!

2 comments:

Leea said...

I am glad someone asked!

dianemary126 said...

great question! i love the clean eating recipes but didn't think this book would be okay for me and was sad- i'll be owning this by the end of the day (as long as B&N has it in stock!)