Thursday, June 18, 2009

Tuesday's Book Talk

Tuesday's book talk was great! The topic was, of course, the Eat-Clean Diet for Men. We had a great turnout... about 40 people. The store, McNally Robinson, is a beautiful independent book store with homey feeling in outdoor shopping area in the Shops at Don Mills. It's a great concept for Toronto shopping. I'm even thinking my daughter should check out some places to live there when she moves back to Toronto. Anyway, back to the event...

I had dinner at Prairie Ink (the adjoining restaurant) with my family and it was great. I actually didn't realize I had to do a talk at first. Oops! My husband and I joined forces and did a spontaneous talk for about an hour. I talked mainly about diet, while Bob talked about training. A crazy variety of people showed up, which is so encouraging. It just shows how versatile this way of life is. I also met an incredible success story! A gentleman who went from 300 pounds to a totally in shape by Eating Clean! Totally amazing. We got lots of great commentary, lots of suggestions, and a great night all around!

Thanks for coming out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tosca,

I wasn't sure which post to comment on for this, so I just picked one. Hope that's okay.

I was wondering if "I can't believe it's not butter" is considered a clean eating item?

Since I can't pronounce most of the ingredients, I would venture to say no. But it's none fat. So I'm confused.

Can you set me straight?
Thanks!
Tiffany