Monday, September 14, 2009

Great Support! Thanks!
















Hello All!

(Can you see the pain on my face?) Even gym time hurts!!

Thank you for your wonderful support from the suggestion to face the future fearlessly (I will) to saving pennies for a curly handled bike (this will take a while). Yes the race I am preparing for takes place next year in June. I have so many career obligations I simply don't have hours a day to devote to training so I gave myself a big window. I think my other sister-in-law will be joining me as well as the Iron Woman sister-in-law. Even my brother Rene is considering it. Sounds like a family affair!

Your words are helping since I have been rather sorry for myself. I had planned a big run this morning and can't even make it to the kitchen from my bedroom without pain. I have an appointment with a sports physiotherapist this afternoon so I promise to follow her good advice. In the meantime I am recalling some pool training I underwent when swimming with a team in my past and remembered having to swim numerous laps with legs only or arms only. I am going to give the arms only a shot later today.

5 comments:

Pam said...

Good luck with all (three of you) your training!

Tracey said...

Oh man...injuries stink. Hope you get good news later today and heal up fast!

Any chance you are going to let us all know which race you are entering?? ;-) Guaranteed there will be many other "sisters" (in- iron...not in-law ...hehe) training to race with you too! Come on....just a hint?? :P

Get Well Soon!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you're injured. Sounds frustrating *and* painful. Hope you're well on the way to recovery.

Swimming with arms only (pulling) rocks. I spent 4 months with this as my only form of cardio after tearing a calf muscle in a local half-marathon. Just full of awesomeness for your shoulders & back!

Anonymous said...

aw..that stinks! but you have accomplished so much- i have no doubt you will get through this :)

Ann said...

Hi Tosca - so sorry to hear about your injury. Since you're in such good shape, I'm sure your recovery will be quick! Have patience and let your body recover - I know it can be frustrating, but don't feel sorry for yourself. I've just had surgery to remove a sarcoma on my leg, and am able to walk with a cane but other than that I can't do much. I'm taking it one day at a time - so stay strong!!