Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving American Clean Eaters!

I'm a little jealous you get to celebrate Thanksgiving today. It's a work day at home in Canada. Since it is my favorite holiday I wish I could join in on the fun! You can never have too much turkey and stuffing.... well, in moderation, that is. However, I've decided I'm going to honor the American tradition anyway because I've purchased a turkey and I will do the works this weekend. I guess I'm not missing out after all. We don't get Black Friday though... I will miss out on that!

We still have reason to celebrate today in our house because my oldest daughter is turning 25 tomorrow. We are going to celebrate with dinner out in Orangeville, sharing surprises, and catching the latest in the Twilight trilogy, New Moon. This is partly for her and partly for me since I would like to see these abs on Taylor Lautner that everyone is talking about. Have you seen the new movie (and the abs)??

I know it's holiday time, but try to squeeze in some exercise. A walk or cycle (bring the family along, too) or even a little Wii fit will make you worry less about the extra helping of pumpkin pie you had.

Hopefully it's not too late in the day for a Thanksgiving recipe. It's a classic and can be used again and again and again and again!! Oh and when you pair it with veggies and clean crackers you have an excellent clean treat! Enjoy!

Pumpkin Hummus from the Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook

Ingredients
2 Tbsp/30 mL tahini
2 Tbsp/30 mL fresh lemon juice
1 tsp/5 mL ground cumin
1 tsp/5 mL pumpkin oil
3/4 tsp/~4 mL sea salt
1/8 tsp/~0.5 mL ground pepper
15 oz/420 g pumpkin, baked or canned
4 cloves garlic, passed through a garlic press
2 Tbsp/30 mL cilantro (fresh)

Preparation
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth.
2. Spoon into a decorative stoneware serving bowl and serve chilled.

YUMMY!

7 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Enjoy your celebration! :)

The Purple Carrot said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter and enjoy your weekend Thanksgiving! ; )

Michelle N. said...

Your daughter and I share a birthday :) I have a few years on her though, turning 32. My mom and I are doing a movie also, but I am still trying to decide between New Moon (I am with you about Taylor Lautner) and The Blind Side. Guess I will figure it out once we get to the theater. Hope you enjoy your turkey feast this weekend. We had a great one today, and my mom added some clean sides to our traditional spread. Very delicious.

Simple Daisy said...

I make a similar hummus but I use fresh sage instead!! I love it:)

Unknown said...

Oh this hummus sounds delicious! I am hoping Santa brings me a food processor for Christmas! :D

Thank you for being such an inspiration Tosca! You are really making a difference in people's lives by motivating them to make a difference in their own lives!

Audrey Gotto said...

Black Friday is awesome! My hubby and I ventured out. We love to people watch on that day. We sat at Starbucks in the middle of our mall (eating our clean snacks)observing the crazines, amd just laughing. You gotta try it Tosca!

jasonbob said...

yeezy
yeezy boost
golden goose
yeezy 500
bape
bape clothing
supreme hoodie
curry 5
bape
jordan 1 mid