Monday, April 5, 2010

Long Weekend

Long weekends are never long enough...

I can't believe Monday has crept up on us again biting me with emails, phone calls, laundry, etc. But such is reality and I will embrace it with a warm hug including a run, a weight training session, cooking, cleaning and lots of work. Monday Monday Monday...

I had a lovely weekend with my family members. It was a quiet gathering with my daughters being the only guests at the house. It seems Easter weekend snuck up quickly and no other family members were able to join us. Honestly, it worked out for the better because after returning home from 10 days in England I had very little in the house.

On Friday evening we took Chelsea & a number of her friends out for dinner with the family to celebrate her 17th birthday. It was a delicious meal & the start of a great weekend. On Saturday I did some errands with my daughters. We visited my favorite new bakery in Orangeville called Pia for some freshly-baked, completely wholesome bread. I rarely indulge in bread, but couldn't help myself after the irresistible smells tickled my nose. We spent Saturday afternoon cooking up a hearty spread. I love when my daughters join me in the kitchen. As we snacked on homemade guacamole we prepared one of my first attempts at lamb with mint (a request by my husband), steak on the barbecue, garlicky green beans & asparagus, clean Caesar salad & mashed potatoes. For dessert we devoured tons of berries and Grandmother's Favorite Oatmeal Cookies from the original Eat-Clean Diet book. I even indulged in a few treats myself. The evening was finished out with a viewing of Twilight: New Moon to rest off our food-induced comas. We totally lucked out with the weather and I was able to go for a run with my daughter on Sunday morning and soak up some sun on the patio before heading out to Kingston to drop my girls back at school.

I want to hear about your weekend adventures. Did you enjoy some family time? Did you try out any new recipes? Did you get active?

Pictures from England will be coming soon. I finally learned how to get them onto my computer! Oh technology... we do not get along so well.

FYI.... Good Morning America has been postponed until the following week rather than this Wednesday... phewf, I need a moment to unpack before I attempt traveling again.

More soon...
Tosca

8 comments:

LaDonna said...

I have to have the recipe for clean cesear salad! Please and Thank you ;)

Carola said...

Sounds like a great weekend Tosca! I too had some great weekend time with family (my husband, two sons - 11 and 8 and 3 year old daughter!.) We opened the pool all together - yay! And shared some great meals. I should mention my 11 year old son - as of today -- is challenging himself for one month to not eat any foods where sugar is listed in the first 3 ingredients. I am very proud of him for this -- plus learning to read labels!

Carola

Lisa said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend! I celebrated my fiance's birthday and I made the eat clean chicken salad for the first time, it's so delicious! It's going to be one of my new standbys!

Toula Theos said...

Sounds like a great weekend Tosca! I had a lot of family time too. On Saturday I got to try out my new 4-wheeler with my husband. We spent Easter with both sides of our family and tried really hard to limit the bad stuff and eat as clean as possible but it's tough to do with Greek/Italian families! We're back to the routine today and that's what's important!

Anonymous said...

i would love a recipe for clean ceasar salad too!!!!!!!

Pattie F. said...

Tosca - I bought "recharged" this weekend. I'm ready to change my eating habits for good and I've had other books and haven't jumped in yet...it looks amazing! I'd also love the clean cesar recipe and a few inspiring words :)

Carrie said...

My family and I hosted Easter and dressed our gorgeous bird with your recipes for rice stuffing and cranberry sauce! They were a hit and nobody else (other than my husband and I)knew we were "eating clean!"

My husband and I absolutely love your cookbooks! We both love to cook and eat!! But at the same time follow a clean healthy diet and lifestyle! It has made losing my baby weight and more (2 kiddies in 2 years) very enjoyable:)

Anonymous said...

Do not give to me minute?